204 NORTH TEJON STREET 80903 (719)635-3276
It started with a light conversation between Kevin and Suzette Megyeri about what kind of business would fit well in their family's commercial building in Downtown Colorado Springs. The couple, who already has a well established Italian restaurant called Bambino's, wanted to try their hand at a new concept. The small talk birthed the idea of a burger joint. When making burgers at home, they would melt a mount of cheddar cheese around the beef and grill it until it resembled a “skirt”. They always called the burger the “Skirted Heifer”!
We had a pretty good hunch that Colorado Springs was ready for a burger restaurant that focused on not only grass-fed beef but grass finished beef. Not only for the nutritional factor, but for taste. So, we researched several different ranches in Colorado and decided on “Sangres Best Beef” from Wescliff Colorado. We were very impressed with the care and compassion that Elin Ganschow puts into raising their animals at Music Meadows Ranch. But knowing the source of our beef wasn't enough! We wanted to support our local farmers, egg farmers and bakers too. We decided to make our condiments and sauces homemade. One of our cooks at Bambino's told us how good a burger was on our focaccia bread. So one of our bun choices is Garlic Focaccia Bun made from our homemade pizza dough. We also knew that was had to have the best fries. We have Belgian and Sweet Potato Fries. Both freshly cut potatoes seasoned with our secret spice blend. We also have homemade Frozen Custard which is hard to find in this region. With our commitment to all things as healthy and homemade as possible our perfect choice for beverage was Boylan's Hand Crafted Natural soda! We hope you enjoy the extra effort!
"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
• Our take-out boxes are made from 100% recycled paper (minimum of 35% post consumer content)
• Our napkins are made from 100% recycled material.
- “Save the environment, one napkin at a time”
• We use Greenware Cups and Lids for our drinks and frozen custard. These cups are made entirely from plants-not petroleum. Made from Ingeo bio-polymer, a PLA resin derived from plants. These cups are compostable meaning they break down without leaving toxic residues that other non-compostable plastics leave.
• We separate our trash because they recycle in different ways and it is our responsibility to ensure that we maintain our commitment to our restaurants sustainability.
• We recycle our frying oil fro bio-diesel fuel to help fuel a low carbon future.
• Our tables, bench and counter is made from trees that were in the Waldo and Black Forest fire.
• Our flooring is made from Bamboo. Bamboo grows in 6 years compared to wood from trees that take 30-40 years to grow.
• Our Equipment is all Energy Star efficient.
"Other Important Facts"
• Our address is 204 N. Tejon 80903 (the Northwest corner of Bijou and Tejon)
• We are family owned and operated
• Our parent restaurant is Bambino’s Italian Eatery
• Our Website: skirtedheifer.com
• Our Phone number: 719-635-FARM
• Our Facebook: facebook.com/skirtedheifer
• Follow us on Twitter @SkirtedHeifer
• Follow us on Instagram @SkirtedHeifer
• At this time we do not deliver. We can do phone orders and are working on “online ordering”
Skirted Heifer © Copyright